SUN CITY ANTHEM REPUBLICAN CLUB
MARCH 11, 2023, CLUB MEETING
Our sympathies are extended to Kathy and Bill Stieren on the loss of their brother.
Date: March 11, 2023, Meeting
Time: 10 AM - Noon
Location: Morris-Nelson Conference Rooms, Independence Center
1. Speaker for Today’s Program will be a Professor from UNLV to discuss
2. 2022 Scholarship Winners - Mateo Portelli will speak today
a. We would like to thank Devon Kelman, Julie Daileda and Zoe Dockery
for speaking in January and February.
3. Club By-Law changes
4. Articles of Interest: Both Bill Stieren and Donna Sweere are noted authors and
track political activities. We are thrilled to have them writing about important
topics for our Republican Club. At the request of several
members we will distribute these articles at our meetings, as well as publish them
5. Political Campaigns
a. Political Election roles and training – May 13 Workshop for Precinct Captains
b. Voter Registration - new residents; persons moving away from the area;
persons who passed away.
REMINDERS: A. May 12 Club Dinner Event – 5:30 PM to 9 PM, Hanneman Hall, Anthem Center
a. Speaker – Dan Ball, noted broadcaster from Nevada and California
b. RSVP and Checks are required by May 1
1) Place your check in the Club Mailbox in Anthem Center, or
2) Payment may be taken at our March and April meetings.
3) Please make the check out to: Sun City Anthem Community Association
4) On the Memo Line: Indicate “Republican Club Dinner”
5) Be sure Member Name(s) and the Name of any Guests are on the check.
B. May 12 Program
1) Charges: Club members - $65;
Guest of Club Member - $75;
VIP Reception following the Dinner - $25
2) Volunteers will be needed – let a Club Director know if you can help!
3) There will be a raffle and a silent auction
4) 1 Raffle Ticket may be purchased for $5, and if your number is selected
you could win a “FREE” ticket to the May Dinner (a $65 value)
5). The Dinner will be a Buffet: we will do our best to accommodate